Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Wanna Go Home

Today for me was a pretty depressive day. Depressive and uneventful. We left for Dallas on Tuesday, hoping we would only be here a couple of days, and come home to start chemo on Friday. But God had different plans for us, and we are supposed to stay here in Dallas till Wednesday. I think that was the depressive news for me, because I am really homesick. I want to go home, go to school, and sleep in my own bed. But they are going to give me really good care here. We went to UT Southwestern Children's Hospital today, and saw the E.N.T Oncologist, Dr. Sumer. I automatically like him, he was very optimistic. He told us he believed he can remove the tumor. And that it was way to early to be starting chemo, especially when we don't even have the final pathology to what kind of tumor it is, and if it really is cancer. He said that he didn't want to put me through that if there was an easier and more helpful way to handle it. Now I do have two spots on my my lungs, but I don't know the details about those. He stuck a light down my nose, and we watched on the screen, as he looked at my throat. We saw the tumor. Its pretty big, and it still blocks some of my airway. We all agreed that he should have a more thorough exam, and put me to sleep. So tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m I will be put to sleep, and the doctor will take a better look at the tumor. He will all so do a biopsy. Other than being sad about having to stay, I am happy that we came here. I haven't heard this good of news in a long time. I know for sure God brought us here for a reason. I feel like he finally is answering all of our prayers. I still believe that this was supposed to happen. That this happened to me, to tell my story to others and inspire them to follow Christ. And to show people how God can work miracles in everyone. I can't tell right now, but I have an idea. I can't wait to get back home though, and get back to my life. To have a life. I need my friends right now, to make me laugh, and to make me happy. But right now this is where I need to be, and God sent us here for me to be blessed by these doctors. I have to admit though I sure do miss Amarillo!

12 comments:

  1. We miss you too!!! I'm sooo glad about the great news! I'm praying for you sweet girl!! I'm so glad you have this blog! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison~ I am so sorry that you have to be away from home and your friend! I know that really stinks!! I am so thankful and excited about your news from Dr Sumer!! Our family has been praying for you non stop and I know that TONS of other families are too! God says in His word that He hears our prayers before we even pray them and He is listening to you! You are an AWESOME example of God's love!! He is definitely already touching so many lives because of your attitude and love for Him! Thank you for trusting Him and being an example to all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, sweetie. Wednesday isn't so far away. And all of this is really good news! We are praying for more good news and strength and peace for you and your family. Our love to you and your family. Take care.

    Beth Elmore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you just let me know when you get back when you want to take pictures. We will just go out and have a fun girly day and make you feel like a model. ;)

    Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you sweet girl. you are loved. :)

    Love,
    The Coopers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madison-
    Amarillo miss you too and so do all your friends! we love you and hope you get better soon:)Our lunch table is nothing without your full of life laugh and smile! i love you madison See you soon(:
    -Kaitlyn C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you girl! WE want you home too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your strenth is amazing. Your attitude inspiring. By keeping this blog you are such a warrior for Christ - spreading the message of His love and such hope. You may never know the number of people you reach through the power of your words. It's obvious God has special plans for you! Hang in there. You couldn't be in better hands. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amarillo sure misses you too girly! I love and miss you dearly! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Madison,
    I am SO proud of you!! You are being lifted up in prayer more than you know! Your faith in Christ is so strong and HE will get you through! Love you!
    Leila, Greg, and boys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madison, we are continuing to pray for you and your famliy! God is with you!

    ReplyDelete