Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bump in the Road

It's another one of those days. Long and uneventful. Although visitors do make me feel a lot better. When your stuck in the hospital all day, it's easy to be put down, and be sad. It feels so good to laugh! My friends make me so happy! They make it a lot harder to be angry for what has happened to me. One of the doctors explained to me the emotions I could be feeling and how these feelings are natural. I haven't felt any of these yet, but you never know. I'm not sad, or mad. I have pretty much excepted the fact that something is wrong with me. I have to leave next week to go to Dallas. To attend The Cooks Children Hospital in Dallas Fort Worth. Fun.. huh? I know they will take excellent care of me there, and hopefully they can determine what's going on. It's hard and stressful to not have any idea what is going on inside. I also might have another surgery to remove the rest of the tumor. But I am trying to make good out of the bad. I am used to being poked and prodded, so this trip is nothing compared to what I have already gone through recently. And I can proudly say I can finally feel God's presence. I know I can do ALL things through God who STRENGTHENS me. I am so excited to know that there are SO many people praying for me. All the support is so uplifting and I love having people there for me. Everyones prayers are working! I can handle this. It's a major bump in the road but things like this can happen to everyone. And this time it happened to me. I realize that this happened for a reason, God knows what's in store for me, and my life. He has big plans for my future. I am excited to see what happens next, but whatever happens, It will be okay. Anythings possible with God, right?

9 comments:

  1. I admire you so much :)
    We are hoping to eventually come down and see you. Hang in there Madison, God surely is with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely unbelievable and such a gift from God! You WILL NOT walk this alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What encouraging words! Madison, I am a friend of Leila's here in Fort Worth. Know that we are praying for you and our church family will make sure you and your family have whatever you need while you are here at Cook.
    Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely ANYTHING is possible with God. Madison, I am a member at Angela's church and I am praying for you. You will be in good hands at Cook as I can personally attest. Keep the faith and stay strong. You are not alone. The Lord our God is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet girl. You are amazing...even if you're body is broken right now. You are surrounded by people who love you. Take comfort in that.

    Keep writing. It blesses you by giving you somewhere to put your thoughts and it blesses those who read it by showing us your courage and fear, your strength and heartache, your ups and downs.

    You've got a long, hard road ahead of you, but you will not be alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, with God, ALL things are possible!!! I am a friend of Leila's, and we are praying for you continually up here sweet girl! Thank you for letting us walk with journey with you through your blog! Christ brings us all together, isn't that awesome?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all on our scabby knees in prayer for all the hands that are taking care of you. Thank you for using this blog to keep us in the loop with your battle. You are precious and your maturity is very evident through the words that you have written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a strong young woman! Do you think you will still be in Amarillo on Wednesday? I think we might come and see you before you head to Ft. Worth. Take care, sweetie. You have so many people praying for you.

    Beth Elmore

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are all praying for you. I have my church praying for you simply as M,. but God knows who the prayers are for. You are so fortunate to have a loving family and group of friends that are God centered and give you that extra boost. Sandie

    ReplyDelete