Friday, May 7, 2010

My enemy

The days recently have blurred together. The past week has been an emotional roller coaster. I still remember the surgery. I felt like they took all my air away, and I was going to die. I also remember crying, and how they had to tie me down. When I lost air, I thought there was no hope. I survived. The doctors told me I was a miracle, and I know that I couldn't done it without God. But I can't help but wonder, where is God? And why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? I wish someone could answer my questions, but these questions are unquestionable. So now I'm sticking to staying positive, and strong. I know what could happen, but I'm not afraid. I have already made it this far. I feel like I can do anything , and accomplish everything.
It started 3 weeks ago. A little sore throat, but that was all. But it only got worse. Little did I know that a tumor was growing rapidly in my throat, and slowly blocking my airway. Scary, huh? I was taken to several doctors, but they all said it was a virus. No one had any idea that I was losing my airway. It was only getting worse. My first track meet was hard to run. My 2nd meet got only harder. I also played weekend basketball tournaments. I started to feel like I couldn't breath. It got bad enough to where I couldn't sleep, or eat. In two weeks I had already lost 11 pounds. I went to see more doctors and my pediatrician ordered a cat scan. Something was wrong.
Thats when they discovered "it". The tumor. My personal enemy. Thats what I'm fighting. On Monday night, I could barely breath, I had to do an emergency surgery. I was scared before surgery, but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was. But as I lay on the examination table, and my throat collapsed I realized how bad the situation was. I was awake as they cut my throat, and I cried, praying the pain would go away. And I could be healthy again. I know that my doctors would never want to hurt me in any way, they saved my life. I'm thankful, I have alot to be thankful for. I'm blessed to be here today.
It's going to be difficult, and hard. We are taking this day to day. Its a crazy thing to go through, but I can overcome this. I will overcome this. I am strong, and I am getting stronger everyday. I know God is with me, holding my hand along the way. It's going to be a long journey, but I can make it. I'm pretty much fearless.

10 comments:

  1. Madison..... You are one brave person! You'll get through it girl :) Keep it up, you'll win in the end. Your more stubborn than any tumor =]

    xoxoxo Lots and LOTS of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Madison, My amazing actress....you know you have always been one of my favorites. Prayers are being said night and day, and never forget, "There is magic in the theatre, and the theatre is magic, and truly blessed are those who are able to share their talents with others". We are the blessed ones, because you've shared yourself with us...and because of it shining star, we will never be the same. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Madison, you are an amazing young woman! A toughie! I watched you do with grace what many people twice your age haven't handled nearly as well. God will reward your faith, and He snatched from the enemy for a reason. God still has big plans for you sweet girl. Cling to the rock, and He will never leave or forsake you. I'll keep praying for a full recovery!! Lots of hugs, Ginger (from the hospital)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madison, you are being carried by God's grace and the prayers of many, many people--both those who know and love you, and many whom you've never met. You are more than a conqueror, through Christ who strengthens you.
    Kudos on your blog--what a great idea!
    love you, Auntie Anna & kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madison you are such a strong young woman. My heart hurts that you are having to go through this. You have a wonderful family and friend support system to help you through. I love you and I'm praying for you daily! Love ya, Cress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madison,
    I'm so sorry about what has happened to you. I'm praying for you personally, I hope that you will make it through this and come home healthy and happy. I'll be checking on ya every day.
    -Cannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madison, We will hold your hand through this entire journey, and on the days that you need us to, we will carry you. Or at least give you a piggy back ride. We are familiar with this journey. You will be amazed with all of the fabulous people you will meet to help guide you and give you strength. We found that love will be overflowing in your life. And you sweet girl, deserve all the love and blessings life has to give. Stand tall, head high and kick some butt! Love, Joe Andrea and Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madison,

    What a brave person you are! God has brought you this far and we know that he will continue to carry you through this time.
    We love you and are praying for you day and night. Love, David, Kathy, Tyler and Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  9. madison u can do anything u r strong and i now u can make it through this horabil situation u go girly girl and BE STRONG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madison
    You are surrounded by THREE GUARDIAN ANGELS
    HONEY,MAW and AUNT BECKY. Thay have there ARMS around you NOW.
    God is already using you to INSPIRE all of US.
    Love Always Uncle John

    ReplyDelete