Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Good Things Come To Those Who Wait."

Patience. A word that most people really don't wanna hear. Being patient is tough. Especially when your waiting for big news. I had some follow up scans yesterday. A cat scan, a pet scan, and a chest X-ray. I'm pretty used to them so it's not a big deal, it's the waiting for the results that truly kill me. There is always that feeling that the cancer could come back, and I would have to fight all over again. So I always get a little nervous when I'm waiting for results.
When my doctor called to tell us what the scanned said it really scared us. They said that the spots were back, in the lung that I just had surgery on. That of course freaked me out. But how could they already be back when they all were removed a month ago? My doctor reassured us that it probably was just scar tissue. Which was a relief. But now we will probably have to do scans in Dallas or Houston, because they are more advanced then Amarillo. That means more traveling for me... Yay. So I'm praying for good news and keeping my head up. Always trusting in Gods plan for me.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for good results in Dallas. I agree, waiting is the worst! I never seem to get used to it when Emery has scans. You are such a strong young lady. I love reading your posts. Lots of love, Bonnie Williams

    ReplyDelete