Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trust.


So we had an appointment in Houston at the cancer center there called M.D Anderson. They gave us no other option than to go through with the thoracotomy. On July 19th I will have surgery to remove the spots on my right lung. They will make a incision on my right shoulder blade the size of a pinky. They will go in and push the muscle aside, cut through a rib, and take my lung out. Then they use tools to clamp the lung then use a different one to cut it out. When they have removed all the spots that they can feel, they will sew me back up. I will be recovering from that surgery in the hospital for 3 to 5 days or at least until the drain tube is able to come out. I will fly home and wait for however many weeks it takes me to heal, then go back and have it done again on the left side. Deja Vu right?
I am doing this risk group with my church with this group of girls who make risks in order to live a more Godly life. My risk this week was to put my complete trust in God.

1 Peter 5:7
"Give all your worries, and cares to God, for he cares about you."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Psalms 31:14-15
"But as for me, I trust in you, O LORD; I say, " You are my God,"
My times are in your hands."


I am not scared yet about my surgery. But I can tell you I will be soon. So I'm putting my complete trust in God. I'm gonna trust him with all my mind, heart, and soul. And pray that this will be the last battle I have to fight. So I can finally say goodbye to this horrible illness and be known as a survivor.


- Posted using Madison's iPad<3

3 comments:

  1. Hey Madison, I will keep you in my prayers, and hope to see you soon!!

    Cannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Madison this is my first time to come here but I just wanted to say I cried. you are amazing and your story is inspiring to me. I hate cancer my grandpa died two years ago from a rare cancer that prevented him from producing white blood cells. I hope you get better and live to be 103 if God lets you (as my nana would say) thanks for this blog I cannot tell you how much I admire your faith in christ. <3 Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison,
    You are one amazing young lady! Praying for you and your family. I know it's hard being away from home.
    Love,
    Bonnie, David, and Emery Williams
    (our daughter was a blood recipient at the Coffee Memorial Luncheon with you)

    ReplyDelete