Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Little Bit Stronger

Wow. So much has happened since my last post. I finally finished my last two chemo's! And my throat healed up fine! I got a very nice scar there actually! :) I am up to 118 pounds, and finally relearned how to swallow. Which took therapy. I'm eating a ton, and I am pretty much able to do everything my friends are doing! My hair is growing back, and it is curly which is exactly what I wanted it to do. Before I learned how to swallow I had to get a g- button put in my stomach. The button just opens and you can put food inside, and medicine. I don't use it anymore though, because I am eating regularly with no complications. I have been going out and being social. And pretty much working on being a regular kid!
But unfortunately my battle isn't over just yet. I have spots on my lungs. We don't know yet if they are cancerous or not. So my doctors want to do a double thorocodimee ( that's not how you spell it) which is a surgery where they would split open my chest and remove the spots. Which kinda sucks. So we are seeking other possible options.
Other than that my make a wish trip is coming up! I have decided to go to the Bahamas! We will probably go next month! I am super excited!!
I would like to think of myself as cancer free. But with those spots we don't know. We are just praying still. I am so thankful for everyones love and support. It means the world to me, and makes the light at the end of the tunnel a little more brighter!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



1 comment: